Wednesday 30 September 2009

Some great snippets!

Here's one from Brennan Manning, The Ragamuffin Gospel (which is my commuting book, for when I'm focussed... it is AMAZING! i know I say that about every book I read and every preach I hear and every worship time I attend... but it's just true!!)

We repent because we're forgiven, it's not that we're forgiven because we repented... (let that sink in a little.... IMMMMMENSE TRUTH!)

And some from Banning at the JesusCulture night tonight in Southampton...

... our capacity to love God is only possible as a response to His loving us (Banning gave a brilliant illustration that I'm not eloquent enough to repeat, shame)

.. when we cry out to God, He cannot resist it! So pray, and He loves you so much He'll come!

... 'If no one else goes, I'm going anyway' - the attitude of a revival starter - a leader not a follower.

No comments:

Post a Comment