Thursday 3 September 2009

Relationship not function.

I was challenged recently that we should live for relationship and not function. Plenty of big stuff has been going on since that time, but specially today I'm drawn back to that same point.

When asked the greatest commandment Jesus said to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind... not to serve Him with it. If we serve God without loving Him it becomes a chore and we get pretty slack... if we love Him first we end up serving Him anyway without trying!

So much of my time is spend with my God cos I want to get something out of Him, I want to get something to share with others.. But I intend to learn to better spend time with Him just because He's great and greatly to be praised. Isn't He?!

No comments:

Post a Comment