Wednesday 10 February 2010

Fight the good fight

I don't want to give too much time to our enemy, but this week I have become keenly aware that it is in his interest to make me unefficient and unproductive in what God has put in me. It is his interest to deceive me into thinking that I am not really worth anything. And it is his interest to help me forget how goooood life was when I was dwelling with God, and how incredible the Holy Spirit is, and it is his interest to minimise my belief of what I could achieve if I took hold of the Holy Spirit in my life. It is his interest to deceive me into thinking that many of my relationships are a little sour, that others really dont care for me that much, or want to hear from me, or that I've got nothing of importance to say to these people, or to hear from them.

I am going to stand on the side of my Saviour. Who looks upon each of His beloved, His bride, His church, as intimate creations who He knows through and through. That includes me, and I stand on this rock when I am struggling to believe in myself. And that also includes all who I meet, and what I do to one of the least of those I do to God... because God created them! They are His beloved! His heart burns for them - how can I criticise?? He IS my Glorious King, He is utterly good in everything all of the time, and I will stop believing the lies that my circumstances can dictate how good God is.

And I will ask for more of Him, more of His Spirit, because I believe that the Holy Spirit is the promise of Jesus by which I will gain strength to live the life that He has called me to. I will settle for nothing less.

Please join with me in noticing the lies that you have been believing. We are being deceived into unproductivity! Ask Holy Spirit to reveal these things to you now, be released.

No comments:

Post a Comment