Friday 24 July 2009

Prayer...

Sooo... I have just listened to the following sermon: http://vimeo.com/5294550 as Simon Holley had something about it on his facebook and I remembered and saved it for a day off! And WOW would truely recommend it! The things that mainly stuck out to me were:

-Prayer is built on what God has promised to do

-Prayer is the vital pre-requisit for the release of God's power

-We are invited to pray, God has chosen us to ask Him for things... we should be asking in order to get!

We need to get specific in our prayers. We must take hold of things that God has promised to us and ask until we get, with conviction that He will give!

I'm reminded of a recent story, when I was at a conference I bumped into a couple I met at the Rendezvous conference in France last year, and I asked if I would be seeing them again this year.. unfortunately they had not been able to commit as they were unsure of the future of the husbands job. I was convinced that we needed to pray for this, and was certain that it would be fine. So we got around and prayed, and I have since heard that first God provided a way for them to go to the conference anyway, and then he heard that his job was safe. How exciting! I had prayed quite a lot, and of course was glad to hear the news, but it many ways I was confident of this before I even heard from them. I long that this be my experience with prayer more often!

A quote from my book Great Revivals by Colin Whittaker 'Billy Braithwaite... prayed, "Lord, give me souls or I shall die". A farmer who overheard Billy's raised voice left his ploughing to discover who was quarrelling behind the hedge, but found only one man with the tears running down his cheeks. It filled him with wonder and it still rings down the years as a challenge to us all.'

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment